- Download, unzip and install your Highslide JS Gallery template(s) for Picasa.
Install - put the unzipped folder(s) in:
• Windows: \Program Files\Google\Picasa3\web\templates
• Mac: Applications => Picasa.app => Contents => Resources => web => templates
(To browse inside a package, use ctrl-click and select "Show Package Contents")
- Go to the Highslide Editor and create the look and feel you want for the large images in your gallery.
You don’t have to upload your own images to the Editor because Picasa will add the images later.
- Two things to remember when creating a gallery in the Highslide Editor for use with these Picasa templates:
- If you want to use the captions added in Picasa you need to choose Thumbnail’s title under Overlays => Caption in the Highslide Editor.
- Make sure to have all thumbnails visible in the Highslide Editor. Gallery => Behavior => Advanced => Visible thumbnails: All thumbs
- Download, save and unzip the zip file provided by the Highslide Editor.
- Create your web gallery in Picasa:
Open Picasa. Select the images you want to make a gallery from and click Folder => Export as HTML Page... Select your image size and gallery title. Select your Highslide Gallery template for Picasa from the Select a Web Page Template list. Click Finish. The gallery will be generated and displayed in a new browser window. (The displayed gallery page isn’t finished yet because we need to add the Highslide files.)
- Open the folder containing the finished gallery (Documents/Picasa HTML Exports), and open the highslide-custom folder you downloaded from the Highslide Editor and copy the highslide folder over to your gallery folder.
- Open the highslide folder inside the gallery folder and delete the following folders: sample-images and sample-includes (and images if it exist).
- You can now refresh the gallery page in your browser and enjoy the beautiful Highslide effects.
NOTE: Highslide isn’t free for commercial sites – read the Highslide license info